Welcome to Tri Star
Tri Star Gymnastics is a leading provider of Gymsports programmes in New Zealand, and operates out of the Auckland Regional Gymsports Centre in Mt Roskill.
Our purpose built facility provides a comprehensive training venue.
We have a national and international reputation for producing elite gymnasts, as a community based club we cater for athletes of all levels - from the pre-school child right through to the international gymnast training for Commonwealth Games and Olympics.
We provide an encouraging environment that is safe, exciting and rewarding for all those who attend our programmes.
Why choose Gymnastics?
Gymnastics, one of the most comprehensive ‘lifestyle exercise programs’ available to children. Extended participation in gymnastics classes provides children with many physical, cognitive and psychological benefits. Skills children gain from participation in gymnastics will continue benefiting them throughout their lives.
- In increase in the essentials of muscular strength, flexibility and endurance
- The knowledge of how to fall and roll safely to avoid injury
- Contributes to the development of physical and motor skills.
- Foundation for all other sports
To develop a healthy brain and sound cognitive skills, a child needs a stimulating, interactive environment, involving both the mind and the body. Gymnastics helps a preschooler develop:
- Awareness of the body, space, and where the body is in space
- Emphasis on exploration and sequencing makes cognitive demands on children to listen and make decisions
- Building Neurological pathways, and both the Left and Right Hemisphere
- Mental Focus—learning how to concentrate on a task and achieving goals.
- Discipline and self-control
- Joy in movement mastery
- Taking turns
- Working with peers and making friends
- Learning to share
- Enjoyment through Interaction
It’s FUN !!!!!
Tri Star's Preschool programme is child focused, and based upon the six Dominant Movement Patterns which are the basis of all physical sporting activities; landings, statics, locomotion, swing, rotation and spring . These movement patterns are incorporated into a gymnastics programme using music, equipment, circuits, interaction and games.
When your child turns 5 a whole new range of options becomes available to participate in the area they most enjoy. There's Gymnastics, Tumbling, Trampoline, Parkour, TeamGym and Rhythmic.